Thursday, December 6, 2007

We've been reduced to a Blog

Well, this is our internet debut! Now what.... Yep, not real sure why anyone would want to read what I am writing any more than I do. Hmmm...interesting, you're still here. Well, I guess to start with we could update everyone on our lives....that sounds ....fun.

Melanie is teaching in a charter school called Sommerset Academy. A charter school is similar to a public school, in that it is funded by the state, but it can be a little more selective with its students and kick them out if they want! (my favorite part!)
I am still in law school. This is my second year or three (or four if I decide to do my MBA concurrently with my law degree.) This is finals week and I should be studying right now.

I have taken a position as a law clerk at Progressive Insurance, doing legal research for the in-house legal staff for the state of Florida. Essentially, if they don't know the answer to a tough question, they assign me to go spend my day trying to find one, and then I write a report on what I find. It sounds boring, but it's actually pretty interesting. I get to excape my cubicle and go to court every once in a while, so it has been educational as well as a good second income for our poor student family. (Donations can be made over the phone. We take all major credit cards, cash, or check! Don't miss out! CALL NOW!!)
We have been extremely busy with work and school and rarely drive the fifteen minutes down to the keys or the beaches, but when we do it's always a great break from the cement jungle that's Miami.

This is boring.... more later.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! You have at least one loyal reader in C. Anderson. Glad to hear things are going well in Miami. (You can always check up on us at http://chrisandkaralee.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Nice blog action - we'll be checkin up on yas regularly since we suck at actual human being communication stuff! We miss yas! You'll have to come visit us soon because Australia is in the pipeline, within the next year. Laters